Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Project: Code 55 Test Track - Construction Pictures

Phase1Cut121. Got a little over half already cut out. I managed to get the 8-1/2 X 11 Sheets glued to the foamboard mostly in line, I think. This is harder to do than I originally thought. Given the nature of the printout I used it took a bit of work to be able to get them to line up. XTrkCad left a half inch margin on the right. Used a razor knife to cut the sub-road bed to size. I called this Phase 1.

Ready to Cut Ph22. Phase 2. In this shot I've already glued the track plan to the foamboard I'm using for the sub-road bed. I'll let it dry a bit before I cut it (I have to go to the hardware store). This glueing on this part seemed to go a little smoother than the first time. I think I actually used a lot less glue on the backside of the paper. Didn't have near the wrinkling or sliding as I did with the first few sheets of Phase 1.

Phase 2 Cutting3. I'm about half way through cutting the excess foamboard on the far side of Phase 2. I've clamped my straight edge along the line on which I need to cut. I probably measured this four or five times. "Measure twice - cut once" is the saying of the day here. Some of my other cuts haven't been as straight as i've managed so far on this piece. I have to plant my thumb on the ruler to keep it from slipping too much and messing up the slice.



Liquid Nailed and ClampedJPG4. I've finished the cuts here. Sanded the edges where the two pieces of foamboard meet on the 1X(whatever) so that I'll have a fairly even join. After that I zig-zagged Liquid Nails down my plank. Pushed the foamboard on to the wood. Once I made sure everything was aligned correctly. I gently clamped the piece in my Workmate. (Thank the gods for Workmates, what a versatile tool) After that I clamped six Quickclamps on the thing at either end and walked away. Came back to make sure everything was still aligned. Then my son and i took off to get some dinner.





Next Post: Laying Cork (I hope)

Comments on "Project: Code 55 Test Track - Construction Pictures"

 

post a comment