Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Lessons Learned - The Hard Way, Naturally

So I bought some of these Micro-Trains Trucks and couplers. Just to see if it was as easy as I'd heard to change them out from stock trucks. Of course the couplers were not attached to the trucks (Dang!). So of course, I had to try right off the bat...

Lesson Learned...

Do not let Micro-Trains parts sproing(!) out of your hand, bounce off the workbench, and fall (somewhere) onto the dirty floor of your garage. Twice! They don't call 'em micro trains for nuthin' folks...

Honestly, while trying to do a little [Ha-Ha] coupler conversion this weekend, I dropped one of those Microscopic (read: irreplaceable Screws from MT. The little bugger jumped out of my hand, ( and I saw this in slow motion) hit my black workbench, and bounce to the floor in my garage...
@&*(%^#$!! <=This is known as cussing a blue streak!

I felt like a CSI. (You can can learn stuff from watching TV!) I was down on my hands and knees on the floor, with a flashlight for at least 10 minutes looking for the little so and so...

I found the little bugger too.

But on the other end of the car....

The same part jumped out from between my index finger and thumb of one of my two left hands [@#$%^] and hit the floor again...@&*(%^#$!!.

After at least 20 minutes (same drill - hands and knees with flashlight), this time, I found the little thang (whew!) got it into it's little microscopic hole and was able to walk away...

As I said, Dang! Who says you can't learn from TV. Thanks CSI!

Comments on "Lessons Learned - The Hard Way, Naturally"

 

Blogger guppyman said ... (Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:05:00 PM) : 

Just discovered your blog today... Great to see someone blogging in N scale! If I ever get enough free time, i may get my stuff unpacked and actually start modeling again. Of course, November always brings that desire out...

I'm blogrolling you so I can stop back by and see what you're doing with it.

 

post a comment