Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Today's Question

Why on God's Green Earth, would anyone choose to model in N Scale?

For me, it was the fact that you could pack so much action and scenery into a much smaller space. I mean I could have gone with HO at the time I built my 1st Railroad. I had a lot more space then than I do now. That was the beginning to mid 1990's I guess - It's not like there was a lot of stuff out there - but I guess I could see the potential of it all and I figured it would be an ever evolving thing.

And it has been. I'm amazed now at the quantity and (for the most part) the quality of stuff that is available now.

But why did YOU do the 1:160 thing?

I posed this question to the NScale group on TrainBoard.com. What do you think they said?
Answers are here. Not surprising, a lot of them went along the same tracks as I did.


Ability to pack a lot of action and scenery into a smaller amount of space.
Space limitations.
The people involved in the scale.
The amount of detail not required(!)
The potential ratio of scenery to train.
NTRAK
The need for speed.(?)
No basement.
Space is at a premium.
More bang for the buck per square inch.
Long trains.
I agree with all of this. Well most of this...

t...

How about a link to: My Rail Images Gallery



Comments on "Today's Question"

 

post a comment