Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Decision Made I Guess...

Last episode I had discovered that my brain wasn't quite working correctly. And I needed to do one of the three:
  1. Try and scrape the pinkboard off my existing piece of 1 by and do it right.
  2. Go get a new piece of wood and trash the other.
  3. Keep going...
So I went with option 1 because of these...
  1. I want to test my skills, but not too heavily(!)
  2. I have the materials on hand.
  3. It is as simple as it gets.
It quickly became apparent that Option 1 would be...difficult. (Liquid Nails bonds pinkboard andBoard1 wood really well) But do-able. I decided to leave 10 inches of pinkboard on either end and around 4 inched about mid-board. And I would call them legs. Since I was going to paint the whole thing except the top black or dark brown. I will ballast theBoard2 track, probably throw some scenery on there as well. I've heard it said (somewhere) that if you don't keep these skill developed - you lose them. Unlike riding a bike - which I probably haven't done for years but am confident I could if I wanted to...




So adding ballast and scenery will be another test, eh?



Track Print1Here's a shot of the track plan printout I will glue to the pink board before cutting. Drawn with XTrkCAD.

After these dry, I'll get out the T-Square to help with the straight lines and cut them out. Then glue them to the (new) top of my (not quite) 1 by 4.




Should be fun, right? Well I think so...Because if you are not having fun...What's the point?

Might as well plant it in front of the tube.


Speaking of fun...How about a slightly blurry picture of a rusty ole pumpjack I weathered. I'll try to get a better shot of this soon. It's one of my favorite models. And a candidate for layout animation as well! Just too tired tonight to fool with the camera.


Didn't want to bail without posting something good! The rust on this model is real rust!

Blurred Pumpjack

Sorry about that background.

Comments on "Decision Made I Guess..."

 

post a comment