Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Looks Like We are Unglitched at This Point

Here's a picture of the reason for the delay. The two pieces of the sub-roadbed somehow got out of alignment while they were clamped down in order to bond the wood with the sub-roadbed. In order to fix this, I had to move the tracks up a 1/4 inch on the track plan in order to make room for the switchstands I plan to use for the turnouts.
1 Reason to replace



2and3I also had to cut the track plan prints in order to make them fit the sub-roadbed. I designed this little jig to hold the paper and a scale ruler. As you can see from the pictures, it's pretty simple. Just a piece of pinkboard and a couple of straight pins. Worked pretty well too. Only slipped once and that was of no consequence.





4 Numbered CarefullyAs I worked at cutting the printouts to size, just for fun I guess, I went ahead and numbered them. Even though there was very little chance that I would put one of these on the sub-roadbed out of order. After all this would be the third time around with this little trackplan. I probably could have glued these down in my sleep...But old habits die hard so every piece got a number.



5 A Little Further OffSo here I am, a little further down the sub-roadbed and the difference in the two is becoming a lot more apparent.The difference now is at least 1/4 of an inch. But as I glue the new track plan down, I sight down the durn thing and ensure there will be no mistakes this time! Third time lucky!







The final shot shows the finished Sub-roadbed assembly.
6 Finis

Comments on "Looks Like We are Unglitched at This Point"

 

post a comment