Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Project: Code 55 Test Track Progress

Last night and the night before, between innings of the World Series (sigh) I managed to get all the straight pins pulled out of my cork. Then I lightly sanded the roadbed with a medium grit sandpaper. Had to get some of the rough spots out. So now I've got choices to make as to the next step. And the weekend is coming up!

They are:

  • Lay the track and feeders(testing as I go along), ballast the track, get out the permascene, then paint and start terra-forming (landscape).
  • Get out the permascene, then paint, lay the track and feeders(etc), ballast the track, terra-forming.
  • Get out the permascene, lay the track and feeders (etc), paint, ballast, terra-forming.
  • or myriad variations of the above.

Now the real fun begins!

I also want to get out and look at some layouts. The Fall layout tours in Houston continue through the first weekend in December.

November is National Model Railroad Month!

Comments on "Project: Code 55 Test Track Progress"

 

post a comment