Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Speaking of Cabeese Part 2

I must say the level of detail is quite different on the end rails for the ca-bashes I've been working on.

Of course the original models were manufactured years apart as well. But let's have a look shall we?

2006_0223speakingofcabeese0001

By the way - looks like these will get another coat of paint....Jeeeeeeez.

On the left, here we have the MicroTrains endrails. 2d from the left are the ones that came off my Con-Cor Long Bay Window Caboose. Next up are the original Atlas ones that came off the SSR I'm working on. On the right are the rails from the Atlas EV hack I just bashed - which was pretty new. They'll go back on the car. The details while all containing basically the same components are much better on the MT rails. I think it's the Delrin they are made out of. As opposed to run of the mill plastics the other are made of.

'Nuff said.

Comments on "Speaking of Cabeese Part 2"

 

post a comment