Feb 26, 2006 - Changes completed - for now...

Feb 24, 2006 - Changing my Template! Bear with me. This is a work in Progress!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TexasT's tagged with modelrailroading. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

I Never Did Mind the Little Things...

Just a small issue...

I noticed yesterday...
As I threw the switch leading into the passing siding, it was floating. Literally. Floating above the cork about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch whenever the switch was thrown. It looks like the caulk I used has released the track leading into and away from the turnout. Must be a combination of the humidity and temperature fluctuations in my construction area (my garage) and perhaps not using enough caulk in the first place.

Just a small job right? (Not!):
  1. Spray trackage with water (fill sprayer)
  2. Find small spatula on messy workbench
  3. Decide to clean messy workbench so as to facilitate finding said spatula
  4. Put away tools
  5. Put away supplies
  6. Clean up foam debris
  7. Sweep floor
  8. Discover trashbag in trashcan is full
  9. Change trashbag
  10. Discover BIG effing hole in said full trashbag whilst removing from said trashcan
  11. Sweep floor (again)
  12. Pickup floor debris (again)
  13. Put in trashbag
  14. Put trashbag in trashcan
  15. Remember original job
  16. Get small spatula from toolbox
  17. Slide small spatula between track and roadbed to (further) release the track
  18. Let roadbed (and track) dry
  19. Re-caulk roadbed
  20. Discover track feeders are mangled
  21. Get new set of track feeders (supplies on hand)
  22. Install said track feeders
  23. Re-install track
  24. Clamp (gently) track to roadbed
  25. Take (well deserved) break
Obviously some organization is needed here ?!?

Comments on "I Never Did Mind the Little Things..."

 

post a comment